The main road from the proskynima leads to the Northwest side of the castle, the so called "tower of Militas". It derives from the Italian word militare which means army. The tower can be seen more clearly from the square outside the castle and nowadays it has become a residence. The reason it was named after this word is because it was reinforced by a military force since it is located facing the sea from where all raids were expected.
The implementation of the project required funding. Fields and land of Taxiarhis could guarantee a lot of money. A committee was therefore appointed to Metropolitan Ieronymos Gorgias (1910-1912).
The sale of the ecclesiastical property at auction resulted in a considerable amount of money, along with a donation from the Mesta Brotherhood of Constantinople, which made it possible to cover the cost of building the church.
Unfortunately, the money raised was deposited with the Bank, where due to the subsequent major historical events of 1912-1922, the deposits were drained and turned into national Bonds.
With the diligence and interest of physician Konstantinos Panadis and other progressive villagers, the assistance of the Mesta Brotherhood of Egypt, the strengthening of Mesta people leaving in America, the London Committee of the Chios, and the strengthening of the Greek State, the school was erected and delivered to education on September 4, 1927, where the opening took place.